Friday, February 22, 2019
Sexuary 2019 - Flogging
We own 4 of them.
For those who haven't figured out, Jackie isn't exactly into pain, and until recently really didn't want any activity that would leave a welp or mark (ok, hickies excluded). But the more and more we've played with the floggers the more and more she's enjoyed them.
Now we participate with a group at Renaissance Faire that keeps a St Andrews cross up and we flog for pain. Yes, those who were coming through were wanting to be beaten. They wanted welps. They wanted to find where that pain threshold was at. To be honest, some need to find a limit, and if the floggers didn't have more sense then they did a visit to the doctors would be needed.
But that's not what we do. Our flogging is firm but not brutal. A 15 minute session with a flogger or two is the same as an hour on the massage table. I can walk up and down the from her shoulders to her thighs. I'll spend extra attention on the fleshier areas. In the end Jackie is extremely relaxed (there are times she'll sleep for up to 12 hours). Some times she'll be tied up a bit, sometimes she'll just lean over the bed or up on the St Andrews cross and ask for me to flog her...NOW! Who am I to turn her down?
So it really is personal preference, but floggers don't have to be about welps and all painful.
Now what about the floggers? Floggers have a couple of different features. A couple of things you look for in a flogger?
1) The length of the tails. We have from 12" - 24" tails on ours. The longer the tails the more snap you can get at the end.
2) The thud/sting factor. This is based on several factors on the flogger but some people like more sting, some want more of a thud. Jackie is more of a thudder.
3) The material it's made of. Ok, this effects the 2nd one too..but some are softer (fur material, suede for example). Some are firmer and definitely not soft. Good bull hide for example.
4) Weight...I like a good mid weight flogger. I've used ones that are to heavy and you can't get a good swing on them. To light and you can't get a good pounding.
5) The handle is really the last of it. Some are multipurpose like the Emperor Flogger I have on the left. But the handle needs to be a good fit for your hand and something you can hold onto while you're swinging it. You'll notice the 2 middle floggers are generally the same except the one handle is bigger. I prefer the smaller handles. But everyone is different, so try handles of different floggers as you see them.
Now the bonus. Unpaid, unsolicited, we LOVE flogmebaby.com for a good flogger. It's not the same as a one handmade, but their prices are extremely reasonable. We have a friend that makes floggers, even he was impressed with the quality, especially for the price. So give them a look up and pick a flogger for your place.